W Denis provides expert insurance broking services and competitively priced quotations for all businesses in the plastics industry. Companies working with polymers face a diverse set of exposures. These range from the benign to the significant, dependent upon the type of material used and the processes to which it is subjected.
Plastics insurance coverage includes:
- All plastics manufacturing processes including cold curing, injection moulding, vacuum forming, etc
- Assembly & distribution
- High precision polymers, including safety critical products used in the automotive, rail, marine or aviation industries
- Higher risk exposures, including recycling & the manufacturing and/or storage of polystyrene foam
- Polymers used in the medical industries, such as bodily invasive products
- Primary polymer/oil/chemical processing & manufacturing
- Printing & packaging sector working with plastics
A free audit of incumbent insurance wordings is offered to enable a professional critique to be undertaken which can identify gaps in cover or onerous conditions, before the design and delivery of an innovative and competitive alternative quotation.
Additional insurance considerations:
- Alternative risk transfer solutions, such as captive insurance or protected cell company options or cross class or aggregated deductibles
- Derivative contracts (e.g. a weather derivative for a manufacturer of rubber boots, which would pay out for a dry winter, regardless of actual loss suffered)
- Environmental liabilities
- Intellectual properties
- Kidnap & ransom for staff travelling to potentially volatile areas
- Malicious product tamper, product recall and crisis containment
- Political risks
- Public offering of securities indemnity for private companies planning to float on a stock exchange (e.g. legal liability for the issuing of a statutory prospectus to investors)
- Surety bonds (e.g. duty deferment)
- Cyber Liability – Comprehensive protection against costs associated with a data breach, as well as cover for business interruption not just from data breach, but also arising from system failures / eg hackers tampering with electronic control systems.